Knoll's has come to
be known for a few things. Here are a few things you should know.
1. Our birds are raised for our own
as well as our
retail fly shop.
2. We only package one grade of feather. For lesser grades we let
our Pray, Montana customers sift through bulk bins.
Next time your in the area stop
in and you'll quickly realize the bargains Knoll's Montana offers.
3. Our birds are raised specifically for color. We do not sell died
4. Our pricing is better then what you are paying at the present
We do not pay for glossy advertising.
Therefore, the advantage goes to our customers.
This is why we are called "angler
friendly." Contact Doc for current pricing and availability.
5. Unlike our competitors our color selection is wide. Nothing is dyed.
Everything is natural.
Doc loves to grow exotic
variants and these are sold as first come- first served.
6. Because of our limited production we always have fresh feathers.
Unlike many shops and large
volume growers nothing is on our shop's walls for more then a few
Therefore our customers
experience splintering feathers that can twist and break.
7.. We stock and package ancillary parts such as shoulders and
8. We will grow specifically for your needs. All you have to do is ask.
9. Like the picture of the grizzly (above) we grow a selection of
birds that have the tier's needs in mind. Our Grizzlies come in Dark,
Light, Wide Saddled and those saddles which
pencil thin #16 and #18 saddle
strands. We also have "early Spring Creek Capes" for
who want extremely small feathers (#30.)
and Five Grizzlies. Not too shabby for a small
Since we do wholesale flies...
We principally raise birds for our own consumption.
Availability for tiers to receive feathers is now limited.
Unpenciled and solid in color- our
is a favorite worldwide.
two images (below) are just a couple of our more popular
Doc's Tier's Corner
When we find a tier that has the ability to transform feathers
into practical or artistic flies
then it is in the interest of all fly tiers to see what some
others are doing.
To submit your fly creations contact us. Send us your fly images
Name, address and phone number.
Two images only per tier.
Recipe is optional.
are a couple of flies created by R. Lewis, a southern California
saltwater fly fisher.
Good flies using Knoll natural
feathers. We're proud to show them to you.